Monday, May 3, 2010

Green...Green...It's Green They Say On The Far Side of the Hill...

Here I go again...another "green" issue...no...not the oil leak in the Gulf...Downtown GI's leaders are whining about Buffalo Grass.  This is a front page story.

As part of the Second Street revitalization our leaders went to the experts to find the right grass that was heat tolerant...conserved water and didn't require a lot of mowing.  Now after last years planting "it isn't green enough...soon enough...and heaven forbid it has weeds."   Whaa...Whaa...Whaa...  The grass is still dormant and the Chamber of Commerce isn't happy.  It's "BUFFALO GRASS" not Coursemaster Blue.  It's obvious these people don't know Jack about putting in a lawn.  They take time to establish and you don't kill dandelions in a day.  Last check there were over 200 inmates in the Hall County Jail...they can use their dinner spoon to dig weeds and if the grass ain't green enough give them a can of foliage paint.

I live in a town facing a 5 million dollar budget shortfall that continues to grow and these clowns are crying about how flippin' green the grass isn't.  So much for the Conservationist of the Year Award for GI's Business Improvement District.  And to think we have a Water Festival here every year.

Disclaimer:  I am not...nor do I associate with Tree Huggers...but I do believe in common sense.   

2 comments:

The Pip said...

I wish my whole yard was buffalo grass. Don't have to water, doesn't take much maintenance. Only have to mow it a handful of times. You won't win lawn of the week with it.

One Out In The Third said...

Pip...

I took a drive down 2nd Street yesterday while on a "Honeydo Mission." Looks to me like whoever did the preliminary dirtwork didn't do a very good job.